GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT ABOUT ROSE GOLD JEWELRY!

Rose gold is created when copper is alloyed with yellow gold. The yellow gold acquires a pinkish and warm color with the addition of copper. The rosy color is directly impacted by the addition of copper and more copper leads to a more intense and rosy color. Gold is a rather soft and delicate metal and must therefore be alloyed with some other metal to be fit to be used in making jewelry.

What is a karat?
A karat is the unit for the measurement of the purity of gold. If a piece of gold jewelry has 24K or 24 karats as its measure of purity, it is said that the jewelry is made of pure gold. One karat equals 4.16 percent gold. If a piece of jewelry contains 18k gold, it means it is made of 75 percent gold. The rest 25 percent is said to be made of some other metal or alloy. A piece of gold which has a gold content higher than 18k is considered to be too soft for making jewelry.

What makes rose gold rose?
The color of the Rose Gold Jewelry is directly dependent on the amount of copper used in making the gold jewelry. The most subtle rose color is found in pink gold. Pink gold gives off a radiance of gold more than pink. Rose gold is more intense in color than pink gold because of higher copper content in Red gold jewelry. The highest copper content happens to be in Red gold and it therefore has the deepest and the most intense color of all. However, it is not actually red. None of these above were actually red or pink in color.

Uses
There are a number of styles in jewelry that are perfect for using Rose gold. These are not restricted to merely women’s jewelry rather extent to men’s jewelry too. Its sophisticated and warm color makes it a perfect metal to be used in making watches. Other accessories such as bracelets, rings, necklaces etc are also widely made with the use of rose gold jewelry. Interlocking rings, Russian wedding rings, are popularly made with the use of white, yellow and rose gold. This gold is also widely used as an accent metal in many kinds of jewelry. It is a clear reflection of the ability of the metal to mix along well with other metals. As a setting for stones, rose gold works best with diamonds and earth tone-colored gemstones in shades of yellow, brown, orange, and red. The rich colors in Rose Gold complement Aquamarine, Blue Topaz, Citrine, Green Amethyst, Opal, Pearl, and Tanzanite especially well.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *